PCC Indonesian Rice
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 3 cups water Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil Add to list
- 5 teaspoons toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 5 ounces orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 2 tablespoons tamari Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic Add to list
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple Add to list
- 3 to 4 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/4 red bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, diced Add to list
- 3/4 cup Spanish roasted peanuts Add to list
- 1/2 cup currants Add to list
Bring water to a boil, add rice and reduce heat to low. Simmer rice in covered pot until water is absorbed, about 40 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together safflower oil, sesame oil, orange juice concentrate, tamari, salt, chili flakes, garlic, rice vinegar and crushed pineapple. Mix dressing into rice while it is still hot. Stir well. Cool uncovered in the refrigerator, stirring occasionally.
Mix green onions, celery and bell peppers into cooled rice, then gently fold in peanuts and currants.
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!