Indian Summer Savory Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 6 stuffed peppers
It’s September and that means gorgeous, fat, peppers in glowing stacks just ready to be roasted, stuffed, sautéed or grilled! This dish goes together so quickly and is succulent with chewy brown rice, sweet hazelnuts and bubbly cheese.
- 6 sweet red peppers Add to list
- 2 cups cooked brown rice Add to list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (plus extra for garnish) Add to list
- 2 ounces chèvre (plus extra for garnish) Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped basil Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely minced green onion Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Cut the tops off peppers and remove seeds.
In a bowl, combine cooked rice with cheddar, chevre, basil, green onions and hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper, and include any optional additions into this mixture. Generously stuff each pepper with the mixture. Place peppers in a casserole dish and cover. Bake until the filling is hot through and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove lid and pour marinara sauce over peppers. Top with cheese reserved for garnish. Place peppers back into the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: PCC Fresh, September 2010
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »