Indian Summer Savory Stuffed Peppers
It’s September and that means gorgeous, fat, peppers in glowing stacks just ready to be roasted, stuffed, sautéed or grilled! This dish goes together so quickly and is succulent with chewy brown rice, sweet hazelnuts and bubbly cheese.
- 6 red bell peppers Add to list
- 2 cups cooked brown rice Add to list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra for garnish Add to list
- 2 ounces chèvre cheese, plus extra for garnish Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped basil Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely minced green onions Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 cups marinara sauce Add to list
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Cut the tops off peppers and remove seeds.
In a bowl, combine cooked rice with cheddar, chèvre, basil, green onions and hazelnuts. Season with salt and pepper, and include any optional additions into this mixture. Generously stuff each pepper with the mixture. Place peppers in a casserole dish and cover. Bake until the filling is hot through and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 30 minutes.
Remove lid and pour marinara sauce over peppers. Top with cheese reserved for garnish. Place peppers back into the oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe by, PCC Chef