Humble Pumpkin Pudding
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 45 minutes
A warming and much healthier alternative to the 18th century pumpkin pie recipe calling for 13 EGGS!
- 2 cups pumpkin purée Add to list
- 1 cup soy milk Add to list
- 1/2 cup raisins Add to list
- 1 Gala apple, chopped Add to list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg Add to list
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Add to list
Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine all ingredients, stirring well. Place in one casserole dish, or divide into individual custard dishes. Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
For a little decadence, top with fresh whipped cream. Best served chilled.
Source: Sound Consumer November 2000