Honeyed Orange and Fennel Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
This salad is perfect in winter - bright flavors of citrus and fennel really pop!
- 4 large, seedless oranges, peeled and sliced Add to list
- 1 fennel bulb, tops removed and thinly sliced lengthwise Add to list
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted olives Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Overlap orange slices on a platter. Toss together fennel, red onions, peppers, almonds and olives. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, mint, salt and pepper. Pour this over the fennel mixture and toss to coat well. Pour mixture over the top of the oranges and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Recipe by, PCC Chef