Honeyed Orange and Fennel Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 large, seedless oranges, peeled and sliced Add to list
- 1 fennel bulb, tops removed and thinly sliced lengthwise Add to list
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted olives Add to list
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Overlap the orange slices on a platter. Toss together the fennel, red onion slices, sweet red pepper slices, almonds and the olives. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mint, salt and pepper. Pour this over the fennel mixture and toss to coat well. Pour the mixture over the top of the oranges and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »