Homemade Whole Grain, Nuts, Seeds and Fruits Granola
Freshly roasted grains, nuts and seeds, plumped with fruit and glistened with honey — this is nature’s happy face. Serve this totally satisfying recipe with live culture yogurt and you have a perfect way to fire up your day.
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats Add to list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes Add to list
- 1/4 cup flax seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup nuts in any combination (almonds, walnut, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts) Add to list
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds Add to list
- 1/4 cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1/4 cup canola oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey, or more to taste Add to list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Add to list
- 2 cups dried fruit in any combination Add to list
Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all of the ingredients except fruit. Spread the mixture out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring 3 times during the cooking process. The granola should be deep golden brown.
Allow to cool and stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Each 1/2 cup serving: 250 cal, 11g fat (1.5g sat), 0mg chol, 160mg sodium, 34g carb, 5g fiber, 6g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.