Herbed Potatoes, Corn and Zucchini
Serves: 4 to 6
Serve this with a scramble for a hearty breakfast, or as a bold side dish or picnic salad. Use your favorite summer garden vegetables in place of, or with, the potatoes, corn and zucchini. Tomatoes would be perfect, as would fresh herbs.
- 2 teaspoons oil Add to list
- 1/2 onion, small dice Add to list
- 4 small to medium red potatoes, cut into 1/8ths and steamed until tender Add to list
- 1 teaspoon whole dried fennel seeds Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1/2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced at 1/4-inch-thick on the diagonal Add to list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil Add to list
Heat oil in hot wok or fry pan and cook onions until soft and lightly browned. Add herbs and toss for 15 to 30 seconds. Add potatoes and stir until well coated with onions and herbs. Add corn and zucchini. Cook for an additional minute or two until veggies are lightly cooked. Season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe by, former PCC staff