Yield: 2 cups
Create your own marinated olives - add any spices or herbs, fresh or dried, that you have in your pantry. The oil is great for low-heat cooking and salad dressings.
- 1 cup pitted green olives Add to list
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds Add to list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil, to cover Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a clean jar. Add enough olive oil to cover. Seal jar with lid and shake to evenly distribute herbs.
Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 days to allow flavors to develop. Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.