Yield: Makes 2 cups
Create your own marinated olives - add any spices or herbs, fresh or dried, that you have in your pantry. The oil is great for low-heat cooking and salad dressings.
- 1 cup pitted green olives Add to list
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives Add to list
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 bay leaf Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds Add to list
- Olive oil to cover, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a clean jar. Add enough olive oil to cover. Seal jar with lid and shake to evenly distribute herbs.
Marinate in the fridge for at least three days to allow flavors to develop. Keeps in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »