Herbed Gazpacho Soup
Celebrate the large bounty of summer produce with this refreshing recipe by one of our PCC Cooks instructors. This soup serves as a cool starter to any hot-weather meal.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and finely diced Add to list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal Add to list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced Add to list
- 2 1/2 pounds Roma tomatoes, finely diced Add to list
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as Italian parsley, mint, cilantro, basil, oregano or chives Add to list
- 1/4 cup lime juice Add to list
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced Add to list
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin Add to list
- 2 to 3 cups tomato juice Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Let the soup chill for a few hours before serving to develop the flavors. For a smoother texture, chop the vegetables in a food processor, then add cumin, tomato juice, salt and pepper. Serve chilled.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer July 2007