Heirloom Tomato and Lime Salsa
Yield: about 3 cups
Late summer is the perfect time to use the abundance of heirloom tomatoes.
- 2 to 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups) Add to list
- 3 green onions, sliced or 1/4 cup diced sweet onions Add to list
- 1/2 jalapeño or pasilla chile, seeded and finely chopped, or more to taste Add to list
- 1/2 lime, juiced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- Salt, to taste Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on August 15, 2009.