Heirloom Tomato and Lime Salsa
Yield: Makes about 3 cups of salsa
- 2 to 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups) Add to list
- 3 green onions, sliced or 1/4 cup diced sweet onion Add to list
- 1/2 jalapeño or pasilla chile, seeded and finely chopped (or more to taste) Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lime Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- Salt to taste Add to list
Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "Gardening with Ciscoe" show, which aired on August 15, 2009.
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.