Hazelnut, Sun-dried Tomato and Fresh Herb Paté
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
This rich paté is a wonderful companion to croutons, crackers and Mediterranean flavored dishes. Store up to 1 week refrigerated. This also freezes well.
- 8 ounces toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, reconstituted in 1 cup hot water Add to list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 cup organic extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
Toast the hazelnuts in the oven at 250° F for 20 to 30 minutes or until fragrant. Let cool. Remove loose skin from the nuts.
Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1 cup hot water for half an hour. Strain and chop the tomatoes. Reserve the soaking water.
In a food processor, combine tomatoes, herbs, garlic, olive oil and half the reserved soaking water. Pulse until blended. Add hazelnuts and pulse until nuts are roughly ground.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor