Hazelnut, Sun-dried Tomato and Fresh Herb Pâté
Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
This rich pâté is a wonderful companion to croutons, crackers and Mediterranean flavored dishes. Store up to 1 week refrigerated. This also freezes well.
- 8 ounces toasted hazelnuts Add to list
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes Add to list
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage Add to list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Toast hazelnuts in a 250° F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until fragrant. Let cool. Remove loose skin from nuts.
Soak sun-dried tomatoes in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes. Strain and chop tomatoes; reserve soaking water.
In a food processor, combine tomatoes, herbs, garlic, olive oil and half the reserved soaking water. Pulse until blended. Add hazelnuts and pulse until nuts are roughly ground.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor