Hazelnut Crusted Salmon
Use fresh Copper River salmon in this simple, yet rich hazelnut-crusted dish.
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- Flour, for dusting Add to list
- 8 ounces salmon fillet Add to list
- 1 egg beaten with 1 water Add to list
- High-heat oil, for the pan Add to list
- Lemon wedges, for serving Add to list
Heat grill or oven to 400°F. Mix hazelnuts with breadcrumbs. Season and dust fish with salt, pepper and flour. Dip fish in beaten egg, then coat all sides with with hazelnut and breadcrumb mixture.
Preheat skillet over medium heat, then heat butter or oil in the pan. Lightly brown fish on both sides, then grill or bake in the oven 6 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Be careful not to overcook. Serve with lemon wedges.
Fish cooking tip: Never add lemon or lime juice before or during the cooking of fish. The acids break down the flesh and makes it mushy! Squirt fresh lemon or lime juice on the fish AFTER it is cooked.