Haydari (Sautéed Carrots in Creamy Yogurt-Garlic Sauce)
Easy, light, delicious and an excellent source of vitamins. What's not to love?
- 6 to 7 carrots, chopped Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt Add to list
- Pinch of cumin Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, divided Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric Add to list
- 16 ounces plain whole milk yogurt Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint Add to list
- Pita bread, for serving (optional) Add to list
In a medium saucepan set over medium-low heat, cook carrots, olive oil, salt and cumin, covered, for about 5 minutes. Stir carrots; turn heat to low and add 2 crushed or thinly sliced cloves garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes more. Once carrots are tender, add turmeric. Remove from heat and allow carrots to cool.
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, 1 minced clove garlic and a dash of salt. Add yogurt to cooled carrots. Let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and mint and serve in a large dish with pita bread.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor