Ham and Asparagus Salad
This simple salad features the season’s freshest, local asparagus from Inaba Farms in Wapato, Wash. and baby salad greens from Full Circle Farm in Carnation.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red or Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and quartered Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed Add to list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 pound cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch strips Add to list
- Baby salad greens Add to list
- Parsley for garnish, chopped Add to list
Bring a large pot of water to boil, add potatoes and cook for 8 minutes. Add asparagus and continue cooking 4 minutes more, until potatoes are just tender and asparagus are crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Gently pat dry and transfer vegetables to a shallow dish.
For dressing, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, pepper, salt and olive oil. Pour over cooled asparagus and potatoes. Toss in ham strips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place salad greens on a large platter. Top with potato mixture; sprinkle with parsley.