Halibut Kabobs with Lemon-Basil Butter
Serves: 4 to 6
Kabobs work well for firmer fish. Use flat metal skewers (which will keep the fish from spinning when you flip the kabobs), or soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using so they don’t burn on the grill.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided Add to list
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely minced shallot Add to list
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste Add to list
- 2 pounds halibut, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes Add to list
- 2 tablespoons high-heat oil Add to list
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, thickly sliced Add to list
- 1 quart mixed cherry tomatoes Add to list
- Metal or bamboo skewers Add to list
Mix butter, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, lemon zest, shallot, salt and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
Gently toss halibut with oil, remaining 1 tablespoon basil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice; marinate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Thread halibut (against the grain so the fish doesn’t fall apart), zucchini and tomatoes on skewers; lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until fish is just opaque, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Remove fish to a platter and immediately top with half the lemon-basil butter. Serve additional butter sauce on the side.
Each serving: 330cal, 20g fat (8g sat), 80mg chol, 250mg sodium, 6g carb, 2g fiber, 33g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »