Hail Caesar Dressing
This vegetarian version of the classic has a bold, zesty flavor, yet lacks the fat and calories of the original. Toss with romaine lettuce, croutons and freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tablespoons almonds, skins removed* Add to list
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard Add to list
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast Add to list
- 1/2 sheet nori sea vegetable, toasted and crumbled** Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Add to list
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- About 1/4 cup water Add to list
Mix all ingredients in a blender, adding water in small increments until you achieve the thickness you desire. Scrape down sides two or three times until very well blended.
* Boil almonds for 1 to 2 minutes, strain and place immediately into cold water. Squeeze almonds and skins will pop right off.
** If nori isn't already toasted, place sheet in fry pan over heat for 1 to 2 minutes, turning several times until sheet turns a brighter green.
Recipe by, former PCC staff
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »