Grilled Zucchini Salad
This salad can be a terrific light meal on a hot day, thanks to a satisfying mix of textures and flavors.
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes Add to list
- 2 cups baby arugula Add to list
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, torn Add to list
- 2 ounces Parmesan or pecorino cheese, thinly sliced Add to list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted Add to list
Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Halve zucchini lengthwise and slice on the diagonal into 1-inch thick pieces.
Toss zucchini slices with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, red pepper flakes and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
On a serving plate, gently toss together zucchini, arugula, basil and cheese. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
200 cal, 16g fat (4g sat), 10mg chol, 460mg sodium, 8g carb, 4g fiber, 4g sugars, 8g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef