Grilled Wild Salmon with Coriander and Sweet Chili Glaze
- 1 wild salmon fillet, about 1-1/2 pounds, skin on Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground anise Add to list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom Add to list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro Add to list
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Add to list
Remove the small pin bones from the salmon fillet. Combine the rest of the ingredients and spread about half of the mixture onto the topside of the fillet.
Place the salmon, skin-side down, on a hot grill and cover the grill. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness, or until the salmon is opaque through. You also may place the salmon skin-side down on a roasting pan and cook it in a hot oven at 425° F for 20 minutes, or until done through.
With a pancake spatula, scoop a piece of the fillet off its skin and directly onto a warmed plate. Serve with grilled green beans and sweet peppers and offer the additional sauce on the side.
You may purchase the spices already ground, or grind your own from whole spices!
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »