Grilled Vegetable Antipasto
Serves: 6 to 8
It’s amazing how delicious seasonal vegetables can be with a splash of olive oil and a dash of sea salt when they are well caramelized. Accompany these with some freshly baked bread and a Mediterranean dip like hummus and you have a gorgeous tribute to the season.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Squeeze of fresh lemon, plus wedges for serving Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 6 to 8 small carrots, peeled Add to list
- 1 cup snap peas (don’t remove the stems) Add to list
- 1 small zucchini, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces Add to list
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips Add to list
- 4 tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise Add to list
- 6 to 8 fingerling potatoes, boiled for 15 minutes and cut in half Add to list
- Basil sprigs, to garnish Add to list
Combine olive oil, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss vegetables in this mixture to coat well. Add a little extra olive oil if needed.
Preheat a gas grill to high or build a bed of hot coals. Grill vegetables, turning once or twice, until grill marks appear and the color pops. Don’t overcook, as they will continue to cook slightly after you have removed them from the grill. Arrange vegetables on a platter and serve with any of the additional items below. Garnish with wedges of lemon and whole sprigs of basil.
- Mixed Mediterranean olives
- Your favorite hummus or garlic sauce
- Roasted garlic
- Mt. Townsend Seastack Cheese or your favorite cheese
Recipe by, PCC Chef