Grilled Tender Sliced Sirloin Beef with Salsa Verde
This spicy, flavorful steak is terrific when sliced thin, sprinkled with a little crunchy salt and served with Salsa Verde.
- 1 1/2 pounds New York strip steak Add to list
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika Add to list
- 1 tablespoon turmeric Add to list
- 1 tablespoon cumin Add to list
- 1 tablespoon coriander Add to list
- 1 tablespoon sea salt Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- Olive oil Add to list
- Salsa Verde Add to list
Remove steak from the refrigerator 1 hour before serving. Trim excess fat. Combine spices and rub steak with spice mixture and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
Preheat grill or broiler until very hot. Place steak on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes more. The timing will depend on the thickness of the steaks. Pull steaks from the heat when the internal temperature reaches 120° F.
Let steaks rest at least 10 minutes; they will continue to cook and the juice will have time to settle. Slice into bite-size strips.
Recipe by, former PCC Cooks instructor