Grilled Steak Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 3/4 pounds beef sirloin Add to list
- 1 cup of your favorite marinade Add to list
- 1/3 cup olive oil Add to list
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese Add to list
- 8 cups romaine or mixed greens, washed and torn into bite-size pieces Add to list
In a shallow pan, marinate beef for 1 hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate. Place steak on grill and cook until desired doneness in reached. Remove from heat and let sit until cool enough to handle. Slice steak into thin strips.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlaic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Mix in the cheese. Cover and place dressing in refrigerator.
Arrange the lettuce and optional tomatoes, pepper, carrot, onions and olives on chilled plates. Top with steak and drizzle with your favorite dressing. Serve with crusty grilled French bread.
Source: Sound Consumer September 2002