Grilled Salmon Burgers with Hoisin and Ginger
Serves: 4 to 6
These salmon burgers have a distinctly Asian-flavor profile with green onions, ginger, cilantro and hoisin sauce.
- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves Add to list
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, minced (optional) Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns Add to list
- Melted butter for brushing, and high-heat oil for the grill Add to list
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion for serving Add to list
Place salmon, cilantro, hoisin and mayonnaise in a food processor. Blend until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a bowl. Mix in green onions, ginger, garlic, jalapeño, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Form into patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
When salmon patties are ready, preheat grill to medium-high heat. Lightly brush buns with butter and grill until grill marks appear and buns are toasty.
Remove buns and grease grill grate with high-heat oil. Grill salmon burgers until fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to buns and top with lettuce,tomatoes and onions.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor