Grilled Salmon Burgers with Hoisin and Ginger
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pound skinless boneless salmon fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves Add to list
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise Add to list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions Add to list
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger Add to list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced Add to list
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (optional) Add to list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper Add to list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil Add to list
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns Add to list
- Melted butter for brushing, and vegetable oil for the grill Add to list
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion for serving Add to list
Place first 4 ingredients in a food processor. Blend until coarsely ground. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl. Mix in next 7 ingredients. Form into patties. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
When salmon patties are ready, preheat grill to medium high. Lightly brush buns with butter and grill until grill marks appear and buns are toasty.
Remove buns and grease grill grate with vegetable oil. Grill salmon burgers until fish is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer burgers to buns and top with lettuce, tomato and onion.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »