Grilled Salmon Bistro Salad
Grilled salmon turns salad into a meal!
- 4 Copper River salmon fillets, 6 ounces each Add to list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons extra for salmon rub Add to list
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper Add to list
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 7 ounces (about 7 cups) spring greens, washed and spun dry Add to list
- 1 cup red grapes, halved Add to list
- 1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 red pepper, julienned Add to list
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces, lightly toasted Add to list
To grill salmon (skin on)
Gently rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Rub both sides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Grill salmon, skin-side down, until cooked almost the entire way through, 7 to 11 minutes. Turn fillet over, sear 30 to 45 secondss. Set aside, keep warm.
For the dressing
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with mustard. Slowly add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish.
Place greens in a large bowl, add grape halves, pear slices and red pepper. Add dressing, toss to combine. Divide tossed greens among 4 plates. Place a grilled salmon fillet over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing mixture and garnish with toasted walnuts.
Source: Sound Consumer June 2003