PCC Grilled Portobello Sandwiches
Mushrooms taste great, they're versatile, and are pretty indestructible. They can be used in so many ways. If you do mess up the recipe you planned, they're easily put into a soup or added to a pasta sauce!
- 2 whole portobello mushrooms Add to list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup tamari Add to list
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil Add to list
- 1/2 cup marinated vegetables (onion, red pepper, etc.) Add to list
- 6-inch by 8-inch focaccia bread Add to list
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella Add to list
Clean portobello mushrooms and remove stems. Marinate mushroom caps in balsamic vinegar, tamari and olive oil with a pinch of fresh basil. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
Grill the mushroom caps whole over medium heat, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Use as an appetizer, or slice and make a sandwich with marinated vegetables and a slice of fresh mozzarella.
Source: Sound Consumer, March 2003
PCC Deli recipes were created initially for large-scale, commercial use. We've done our best to scale them down for the home kitchen, converting measurements, etc. but we can't promise they're perfect. If you discover a better method or measurement while making the dish, please feel free to share your feedback in the Comments section below the recipe. Thanks and happy cooking!