Grilled Summer Vegetables with Lime and Chipotle-infused Olive Oil
Yield: about 12 skewers
Peak-of-the-season, grilled veggies take on a whole new personality when they are sizzled with the smoky citrus notes of this marinade! Try this dish in the fall with cubes of butternut squash or marinate and skewer up wild prawns.
- 2 cups sliced zucchini, about 1/4-inch-thick Add to list
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash, about 1/4-inch-thick Add to list
- 2 cups red bell pepper squares, about 1-inch Add to list
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes Add to list
- 2 cups red onion squares, about 1-inch Add to list
- Any other favorite summer vegetables in season Add to list
- Lime and Chipotle-infused Olive Oil Add to list
Toss vegetables in Lime and Chipotle-infused Olive Oil and marinate for 1 hour, tossing occasionally. Thread onto skewers.
Cook skewers, turning occasionally, over a preheated gas or charcoal grill just until vegetables are crisp-tender and their colors turn gem-like, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve remaining olive oil for drizzling.
You may create skewers for individual guests by including a variety of each vegetable on each skewer, or for more even cooking of each kind of vegetable, make skewers with only one kind of vegetable on each, then when cooked, topple them off on to a platter for serving.
Recipe by, PCC Chef