Grilled Pluots with Bianca Cheese and Toasted Hazelnuts
Tieton Farm and Creamery’s Bianca cheese, from the Yakima Valley, is a smooth and creamy chèvre-style cheese made with a blend of sheep and goat’s milk. It has a gorgeous, silky consistency and complex flavor. It pairs beautifully with the caramelized pluots and crunchy hazelnuts in this recipe.
- 8 pluots Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves Add to list
- 4 ounces Tieton Farm and Creamery Bianca cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped hazelnuts Add to list
- 1 cup summer berries (any you prefer) Add to list
- 1/4 cup honey mixed with 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves Add to list
Cut pluots in half lengthwise and remove pits. Place pluots in a bowl. Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice and thyme leaves and gently toss with pluots.
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat and grill pluots about 2 minutes to a side or until golden and sizzling.
Arrange 2 pluot halves in a pretty dessert dish or on a small plate. Place a spoonful of Bianca on top. Scatter with hazelnuts and berries. Drizzle with the thyme-scented honey.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
Source: Demonstrated on KING 5's "New Day Northwest" show, which aired on August 15, 2012.