Grilled Apricots with Smokey Blue Cheese and Almonds
When grilling or broiling any stone fruit, look for fruit that is juicy and ripe but still firm-tender. You may easily substitute nectarines or plums for the apricots as the season progresses.
- 8 apricots Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice Add to list
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, plus extra for garnish Add to list
- Pinch of cayenne Add to list
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices baguette Add to list
- Extra olive oil, for brushing the bread Add to list
- 2 to 3 ounces blue cheese Add to list
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted almonds Add to list
Cut apricots in half lengthwise and remove pits. Place apricots in a bowl. Combine olive oil, honey, lime juice, thyme leaves and cayenne and gently toss with apricots.
Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat and grill apricots about 2 minutes to a side or until golden and sizzling. Make a little crostini by brushing bread slices with olive oil and cooking on the grill until lightly toasted.
Arrange 2 apricot halves on each crostini; scatter with cheese and chopped almonds and garnish with a sprig of fresh thyme.
Recipe by, PCC Chef