Grilled or Broiled Asparagus
Serves: 4 to 6
Spring is the perfect time for fresh, local asparagus. This simple preparation lets the flavor really shine!
- 1 bunch asparagus (20 to 30 spears) Add to list
- 1 small shallot, minced Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme Add to list
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate Add to list
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or red wine vinegar Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Preheat a grill or broiler.
Snap off tough bottoms of asparagus spears. Mix remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Place asparagus in a shallow, ovenproof dish. Pour marinade over the asparagus to coat.
Grill or broil the asparagus for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly colored.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor