Grilled Niçoise Salad
This traditional French salad gets a fun and smokey twist on the grill!
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds small potatoes, halved and steamed until tender Add to list
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed Add to list
- 1/2 pound tomatoes, cut into wedges Add to list
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna Add to list
- High-heat oil, for grilling Add to list
- 7 ounces mixed greens Add to list
- 1/2 cup Niçoise or brined-cured olives Add to list
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered Add to list
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, garlic and olive oil. Stir in tarragon and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Lightly coat potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, onions and tuna with high-heat oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill vegetables until grill marks form and they are fork tender, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
Move to a plate and toss with 1/3 of the vinaigrette; cover with foil to keep warm. Grill tuna until it’s slightly pink in the center, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch thick strips.
Arrange mixed greens, grilled vegetables and tuna on a large platter. Garnish with olives, eggs and capers. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette; serve immediately.
Each serving: 540 cal, 27g fat (5g sat), 150mg chol, 630mg sodium, 32g carb, 5g fiber, 41g protein