Grilled Miso Black Cod
Foil packets are a great option for grilling delicate fish. Tuck your favorite vegetables in the packet and they will cook alongside the fish in the fragrant steam.
- 3 tablespoons miso Add to list
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger Add to list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce Add to list
- 1/4 cup fish or chicken stock Add to list
- 2 tablespoons mirin Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes Add to list
- 8 baby bok choy, halved Add to list
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, sliced thinly Add to list
- 4 (5-ounce) black cod fillets Add to list
- Sesame seeds, for garnish Add to list
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
In a small bowl, combine miso, ginger, soy sauce, stock, mirin, sesame oil, honey and red pepper flakes.
Divide bok choy and leeks between 4 (12-inch) squares of heavy foil. Top each packet with one fillet and fold up the sides to create a small bowl.
Evenly divide sauce between the packets. Fold and seal the foil around the fish, leaving some space for the steam to circulate.
Cook on the grill, without turning, until fish is opaque in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes. To test for doneness, carefully unfold an edge of a packet, allowing the steam to escape away from you. The fish should flake easily when pressed with a fork.
Transfer fish and vegetables to a plate; top with sauce and sesame seeds.
Each serving: 270cal, 11g fat (1.5g sat), 55mg chol, 880mg sodium, 12g carb, 2g fiber, 29g protein