Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
Smoky, sweet and tangy, this refreshing twist on lemonade will be the hit of the barbecue!
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus extra for dipping Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1 cup water Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla Add to list
- Oil, for grill Add to list
- 8 lemons, halved Add to list
- 4 to 6 cups club soda, to taste Add to list
- 3 sprigs fresh mint Add to list
- Ice Add to list
- A splash of bourbon or gin (optional) Add to list
Bring sugar, honey and water to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and cool (this can be done up to 3 days ahead).
Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly oil grates.
Dip each lemon half, cut side down, in sugar. Place lemons on the grill, cut side down, and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Cool and squeeze lemons through a strainer into a pitcher. Stir in sugar syrup, club soda, mint, ice and a few of the squeezed grilled lemons. Add a splash of bourbon, for the grown-ups.
Each serving: 140 cal, 0g fat (0g sat), 0mg chol, 30mg sodium, 35g carb, 2g fiber, 0g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »