Grilled Lamb Sliders
Yield: 6 sliders
It’s spring and that means time to get out the grill! These juicy little burgers are such a great way to start the celebration. They’re lightly seasoned, cooked ’til they sizzle and served piled high with sweet grilled onions and whatever else you love!
- 1 pound ground lamb Add to list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- Slices of red onion, sprinkled with a little olive oil and salt Add to list
- Small rustic dinner rolls, split open Add to list
Combine ground lamb with garlic and Worcestershire, working the meat very gently. Divide into 6 balls. Flatten each into a thick patty just larger than your rolls. The meat will shrink slightly as it cooks. To make them perfectly uniform, you may form them in a “slider” mold. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook sliders over a preheated charcoal or gas grill for 5 to 7 minutes to a side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 155° F.
In the last few minutes of cooking, grill onion slices, turning once, until caramelized and tender. Toast rolls, cut side down, on the grill for a few moments to heat through.
Serve sliders on toasted rolls, layered with grilled onions and your favorite condiments.
Recipe by, PCC Chef