Grilled Green Bean Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Grilling green beans adds a terrific depth of flavor to this dish, thanks to the caramelization from direct heat. If you don't have a grilling basket, just be sure to arrange the beans perpendicular to the grate so they don't fall through.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for sprinkling Add to list
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see note) Add to list
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese Add to list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil Add to list
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon Add to list
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Preheat a grilling basket, if using.
Toss green beans with 1 tablespoon oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Place green beans in the grilling basket or directly on the grill grate and cook until crisp-tender and charred, tossing occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
Let beans cool slightly and then toss with almonds, ricotta, basil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: To toast almonds, place in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook until fragrant and golden, shaking the pan frequently, 3 to 5 minutes.
120 cal, 7g fat (2g sat), 10mg chol, 160mg sodium, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 3g sugars, 6g protein