Grilled Corn with Sweet and Sour Sauce
Fresh ears of corn are grilled and served with a hot-sweet dipping sauce.
- 1 Thai chile or 1 teaspoon hot sauce Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled Add to list
- 3 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar Add to list
- 1/3 cup hot water Add to list
- 1/4 tablespoon fish sauce Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 8 ears corn, husks removed Add to list
- Canola oil, for brushing Add to list
Preheat grill to high.
Pound chile or hot sauce and garlic in a mortar with pestle until it forms a fine paste. Transfer paste to a bowl. Stir in sugar, vinegar and hot water; stir until sugar is dissolved. Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
Grill corn for 8 minutes. Brush with canola oil and grill for another 2 minutes, until several kernels are nicely browned. Serve warm, with the sweet and sour sauce for dipping.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor