Grilled Chicken Salad with Peaches
An unexpected but delicious medley of flavors.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided Add to list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice Add to list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt, divided Add to list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided Add to list
- 4 small skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds) Add to list
- 2 green onions, minced Add to list
- 1 shallot, finely chopped Add to list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar Add to list
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or tarragon Add to list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 2 medium or large peaches - peeled, pitted and diced Add to list
- 1 avocado, diced Add to list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radicchio or arugula Add to list
- 4 cups mixed baby greens Add to list
Whisk 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large glass dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate 30 minutes.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat. Whisk remaining 4 tablespoons oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, onions, shallot, vinegar, thyme and mustard in large bowl to blend. Mix peaches, avocado and radicchio or arugula into dressing; toss to coat.
Grill chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board, let cool, then cut crosswise into thin slices.
Mix baby greens into dressing in bowl. Divide salad among 4 plates. Arrange chicken atop the salad and serve immediately.
Source: Sound Consumer, August 2011