Grilled Angel Food Cake with Pineapple
Pick up a light and tender angel food cake from our bakery, and impress your guests with this sweet and easy treat.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted Add to list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon and cloves Add to list
- 1 pineapple – peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices Add to list
- High-heat oil, for brushing Add to list
- 8 (2-inch) slices angel food cake (find it in the PCC Bakery) Add to list
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional) Add to list
Combine butter, sugar and spices until sugar is dissolved. Toss pineapple slices in butter mixture to coat; let marinate for 15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Lightly oil the grate.
Grill cake slices, turning once, until toasted, about 2 minutes per side. Place cake on a serving platter. Grill pineapple slices until lightly browned and tender, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Top cake slices with pineapple and a dollop of whipped cream.
Each serving: 200 cal, 7g fat (3.5g sat), 15mg chol, 210mg sodium, 36g carb, 2g fiber, 2g protein
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »