Green Thing Pasta Salad
This recipe makes a quick, weeknight dinner, using prepared ravioli and pesto. The pesto, asparagus and peas add a ton of green to this dish, but if you’d like more, throw in a handful of baby spinach leaves, too!
- 1 pound PCC cheese ravioli Add to list
- 1 pound asparagus, woody ends removed and spears cut into 1-inch pieces Add to list
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto Add to list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed Add to list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook ravioli according to package directions. Add the asparagus with the ravioli during the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse briefly under cool water.
Transfer the ravioli and asparagus to a large bowl. Toss with pesto, olive oil, peas and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or refrigerate.
Each serving: 440 cal,25 g fat (8g sat),50mg chol, 800mg sodium, 38g carb, 5g fiber, 17g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef