Green Salad with Oranges and Avocado
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes total; make dressing in advance
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest Add to list
- 1/4 cup orange juice Add to list
- 1/4 cup canola or hazelnut oil Add to list
- 1 tablespoon honey Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Pepper to taste Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (optional) Add to list
for the dressing
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors before making the salad.
for the salad
Clean and dry lettuces. Tear leaves into small pieces and arrange in a serving bowl with cucumbers on top. Pare the oranges and remove all white pith. Section the oranges and arrange on lettuce. Peel and pit avocados, cut them into slices or pieces as preferred and arrange on top of salad. Peel red onion, slice thinly and arrange on top of salad. Drizzle dressing over the top or toss gently. Serve immediately.