Green and Orange Cabbage Salad
Serve this delightfully fresh salad instead of boiled cabbage with corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup seasoned brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon orange zest Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 orange Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 large head savoy cabbage Add to list
- 3 leaves collard greens Add to list
- 1 carrot Add to list
- 2 green onions Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
Measure the first 5 ingredients into a large serving bowl and whisk to blend. Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch slices, then cut crosswise into bite-sized lengths. Place into the bowl with the dressing.
Remove the heavy rib from the collard leaves. Roll the leaves tightly into a cigar shape and slice thinly. Cut across the resulting shreds to shorten the length and add to the bowl. Grate the carrot and thinly slice the green onions, both white and green parts; add to the bowl. Toss, check the balance of flavors, and add pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe by, PCC's Demo Coordinator
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »