Green and Orange Cabbage Salad
Crispy and tangy, this salad brightens winter meals nicely. Or, serve it instead of boiled cabbage with corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1/2 cup olive oil Add to list
- 1/4 cup seasoned brown rice vinegar Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon orange zest Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 orange Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste Add to list
- 1/2 large head savoy cabbage Add to list
- 3 leaves collard greens Add to list
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated Add to list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
Combine olive oil, vinegar, zest, juice and salt in a large serving bowl and whisk to blend.
Slice the cabbage into 1/2-inch slices, then cut crosswise into bite-sized lengths. Place in the bowl with the dressing.
Remove the heavy rib from the collard leaves. Roll the leaves tightly into a cigar shape and slice thinly. Cut across the resulting shreds to shorten the length, and add them the bowl along with the grated carrot and sliced green onions.
Toss, check the balance of flavors, and add pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Recipe by, PCC staff member