Green Kale Waldorf Salad
Serves: 4 to 6
Fresh and dried fruit complement the crisp green kale and creamy dressing.
- 1 bunch curly green kale - rinsed, stems removed and kale finely chopped Add to list
- 2 firm apples or 1 pear and 1 apple, sliced Add to list
- 3 stalks celery, sliced Add to list
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts or pumpkin seeds Add to list
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots, figs, dates, raisins or cranberries Add to list
- 1 cup halved red grapes (optional) Add to list
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into wedges (optional) Add to list
- Orange Nut Dressing Add to list
Prepare all salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Toss desired amount of Orange Nut Dressing with the salad and serve.
You may toast the nuts before incorporating them into the salad.
Each serving: 320 cal, 13g fat (2.5g sat), 0mg chol, 180mg sodium, 46g carb, 6g fiber, 9g protein
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer December 2007