Green Curry Paste
Yield: about 3/4 cup
Use this paste in the recipe for Homemade Thai Green Curry Stir-fried Prawns.
- 1 cup loosely packed seeded and diced green chiles (see note) Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced Add to list
- 5 cloves garlic Add to list
- 1 shallot, finely minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lime leaves or zest Add to list
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional) Add to list
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse to grind to a coarse paste.
The type of chile you choose will dictate the level of heat in your curry. In this country Mexican chiles are most widely available. Choose habanero, serrano and jalapeño for more heat. Choose pasillas or even Anaheim for a milder curry. Or mix and match to your taste.
Recipe by, PCC Chef