Green Curry Paste
Use this paste in the recipe for Homemade Thai Green Curry Stir-fried Prawns.
- 1 cup loosely packed seeded and diced green chiles (see note) Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
- 1 2-inch piece fresh lemongrass, thinly sliced Add to list
- 5 garlic cloves Add to list
- 1 shallot, finely minced Add to list
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lime leaves or zest Add to list
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (optional) Add to list
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced Add to list
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse to grind to a coarse paste.
The type of chile you choose will dictate the level of heat in your curry. In this country Mexican chiles are most widely available. Choose habanero, serrano and jalapeño for more heat. Choose pasillas or even Anaheim for a milder curry. Or mix and match to your taste. We explain this further in the Gardening with Ciscoe demo.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »