Green Chile Pesto Prawns
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese Add to list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled Add to list
- 1 cup roasted green chiles, peeled and seeded or 2 cans (4 ounces each) mild green chiles Add to list
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds Add to list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves Add to list
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional) Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil Add to list
- 2 pounds shrimp (26 to 30 count), shelled and deveined Add to list
Combine the cheese and garlic in a food processor and process until blended. Add chiles, almonds, parsley, cilantro (if using), salt and pepper to taste, and oil. Process until smooth.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the pesto. Chill, covered, for 1 hour or more.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »