Green Bean, Walnut and Chicken Salad
Serves: 2 to 4
Adding lean, boneless, skinless chicken to green beans and walnuts makes this a delicious salad for light lunches or dinners. The salad also is an excellent source for healthy doses of protein, omega-3s and potassium.
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Pinch of pepper Add to list
- Pinch of sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds organic green beans, steamed and cooled Add to list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts Add to list
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk together first five ingredients. Slowly add olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss until green beans, chicken and walnuts are evenly coated.
Source: Sound Consumer, July 2009