Green Bean, Walnut and Chicken Salad
Serves: 2 to 4
This fresh twist on chicken salad features a Dijon vinaigrette and plenty of fresh green beans. Take it to the beach or your favorite park along with a loaf of crusty bread or serve it as a light lunch atop mixed greens.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard Add to list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Pinch of pepper Add to list
- Pinch of sugar Add to list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, steamed and cooled Add to list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded Add to list
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts Add to list
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Add to list
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper and sugar. Slowly add olive oil, whisking until emulsified.
Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss until green beans, chicken and walnuts are evenly coated.