Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Fresh Herbs
Serves: 4 to 6
Loaded with nutrients and low in calories (only 40 calories per cup), green beans are a welcome staple of the late summer harvest. When buying green beans, look for a vibrant green color free of brown spots. They should be firm, not rubbery, and snap when broken in half.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes of any variety Add to list
- 1/2 pound green beans - ends trimmed, blanched and “shocked” in cold water Add to list
- 1 to 2 green onions, diagonally sliced Add to list
- 1/4 cup or more fresh chopped herbs (try oregano, parsley and thyme) Add to list
- Salt and pepper to taste Add to list
- Balsamic vinegar Add to list
- Extra virgin olive oil Add to list
Cut tomatoes into bite-size pieces. Place in a serving bowl with the beans and green onions.
Add the fresh herbs, salt and pepper. Sprinkle on balsamic vinegar and olive oil to your taste.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer September 2008
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »