Greek Yogurt with a Fig, Date and Honey Swirl
Luscious, thick and rich, Greek-style yogurt is one of life’s delights. Thankfully, kids give it a thumbs-up, too.
- 1/4 cup almonds Add to list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts Add to list
- 1/4 cup walnuts Add to list
- 6 figs, fresh or dried, cut into quarters Add to list
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- 1 lemon, juiced Add to list
- 1 cinnamon stick Add to list
- 2 cups Greek-style yogurt Add to list
- Mint leaves, for garnish (optional) Add to list
Toast nuts in a sauté pan over medium heat until they become fragrant. Set aside to cool, then chop into large pieces.
Add figs, dates, honey, water, lemon juice and cinnamon stick to a saucepan over low heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until fruit is soft. Set aside to cool slightly and remove cinnamon stick.
Place yogurt in large bowl and top with fruit. Sprinkle with nuts and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.