Greek Yogurt with a Fig, Date and Honey Swirl
Serves: ~ 4
Prep time: Preparation time: 20 minutes
Luscious, thick and rich, Greek-style yogurt is one of life’s delights. Thankfully, kids give it a thumbs-up, too. Try serving in place of ice cream, or stir with your favorite combination of fresh or dried fruit, honey and nuts available in our bulk section for easy experimentation. Use the following recipe as a guide to create your personalized concoction.
Please note: All ingredients, except those marked by an asterisk (*), are kid tested and approved through our PCC Kid Picks program.
- 1/4 cup almonds Add to list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts* Add to list
- 1/4 cup walnuts* Add to list
- 6 figs, fresh or dried, cut into quarters* Add to list
- 6 dates, pitted and chopped Add to list
- 1/2 cup honey Add to list
- 1/4 cup water Add to list
- Juice of 1 lemon Add to list
- 1 cinnamon stick Add to list
- 2 cups Greek-style yogurt Add to list
- (Optional) Mint leaves for garnish* Add to list
Toast nuts in a sauté pan over medium heat until they become fragrant. Set aside to cool, then chop into large pieces.
Add figs, dates, honey, water, lemon juice and cinnamon stick to a sauce pan over low heat, then cook for 10 minutes or until fruit is soft. Set aside to cool slightly and remove cinnamon stick.
Place yogurt in large bowl and top with fruit. Sprinkle on nuts and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Source: Sound Consumer May 2009