Grass-fed Beef Burgers with Caramelized Sweet Onions
Grass-fed beef is nice and lean, so the addition of caramelized onions keeps it moist and of course, makes it even more delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter or neutral-flavored oil Add to list
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and finely minced Add to list
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed, extra-lean ground beef Add to list
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Add to list
- 1 teaspoon salt Add to list
- Freshly ground black pepper Add to list
- 6 slices Gouda or cheddar cheese Add to list
- 6 burger buns or ciabatta rolls Add to list
- Lettuce Add to list
- Tomato slices Add to list
- Your favorite condiments Add to list
In a sauté pan, heat butter or oil over medium heat and add onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Cool onions completely. (You can do this step up to a day in advance.)
Combine ground beef with caramelized onions, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, and divide the mixture into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten out to about 3/4-inch-thick.
Cook burgers on a preheated gas or charcoal grill for 6 to 8 minutes to a side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 155° F. Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger during the last minute of cooking. Remove from the grill and layer onto buns with lettuce, tomato and your favorite burger condiments.
Each serving: 440 cal, 21g fat (9g sat), 95mg chol, 860mg sodium, 27g carb, 2g fiber, 34g protein
Recipe by, PCC Chef