Grapefruit, Avocado and Mint Salad with Seared Sea Scallops
Serves: 4 to 6
Refreshing flavors come together in this light meal.
- 1 large red grapefruit, peeled, cut into sections, reserve any juice Add to list
- 2 avocados, cut into small cubes Add to list
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 bunch mint, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Tabasco sauce, to taste Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound large scallops Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ghee Add to list
In a large bowl, combine grapefruit and reserved juice, avocados, scallions and mint. Add lime juice, olive oil, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat ghee over high heat in a large sautÃ© pan. Sear on one side, until deeply caramelized (about 3 minutes for larger scallops), flip over and cook for another minute or so. Serve scallops over salad.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor
Source: Sound Consumer, January 2012