Grapefruit, Avocado and Mint Salad with Seared Sea Scallops
Serves: 4 to 6
Refreshing flavors come together in this light meal.
- 1 large red grapefruit - peeled, cut into sections and juice reserved Add to list
- 2 avocados, cut into small cubes Add to list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced Add to list
- 1 bunch mint, chopped Add to list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice Add to list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil Add to list
- Tabasco sauce, to taste Add to list
- Salt and pepper, to taste Add to list
- 1 pound large scallops Add to list
- 1 tablespoon ghee Add to list
In a large bowl, combine grapefruit and reserved juice, avocados, green onions and mint. Add lime juice, olive oil, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
Season scallops with salt and pepper. Heat ghee over high heat in a large sauté pan. Sear scallops on one side, until deeply caramelized (about 3 minutes for larger scallops), flip over and cook for another minute or so. Serve scallops over salad.
Recipe by, PCC Cooks instructor