Grand Marnier-Sautéed Oranges with Chocolate and Crumbled Candy Canes
Use high quality, very dark chocolate for this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Add to list
- 1/2 orange, juiced Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest Add to list
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices Add to list
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving Add to list
- Grated chocolate, for garnish Add to list
- 1 candy cane, crushed, for garnish Add to list
In a sauté pan, heat butter and add brown sugar, lemon and orange juices and lemon zest. Cook until the mixture is lightly caramelized. Toss in oranges.
Pour in Grand Marnier and simmer lightly to eliminate the alcohol. Toss in dried cranberries and serve over vanilla ice cream sprinkled with shaved chocolate and crushed candy cane.
Recipe by, PCC Chef