Grand Marnier-Sautéed Oranges with Chocolate and Crumbled Candy Canes
Use high quality, very dark chocolate for this recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter Add to list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 lemon Add to list
- Juice of 1/2 orange Add to list
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest Add to list
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices Add to list
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier Add to list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries Add to list
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving Add to list
- Grated chocolate, for garnish Add to list
- 1 candy cane, crushed, for garnish Add to list
In a sauté pan, heat the butter and add the brown sugar, the lemon and orange juices and the lemon zest. Cook until the mixture is lightly caramelized. Toss in the oranges.
Pour in the Grand Marnier and simmer lightly to eliminate the alcohol. Toss in the dried cranberries and serve over vanilla ice cream sprinkled with the shaved chocolate and the crushed candy cane.
Recipe by, PCC Chef
ABOUT OUR CHEF: Lynne Vea
Lynne Vea is a graduate of the Executive Chef Program at Le Cordon Bleu, Paris and has been cooking with PCC Natural Markets since 2001. Featured on King-5’s "Gardening with Ciscoe," she demonstrates easy and delicious recipes using seasonal ingredients.
Lynne is an admired PCC Cooks instructor, teaching a variety of popular PCC Cooks classes throughout the year.
She loves to collect old cookbooks, hunt for wild berries, and cook seven-course dinners where the guests are encouraged to dance and cavort between courses.
Find more recipes from Lynne.