Gluten-free Cornmeal Cake
Delicious with a dollop of whipped cream and a berry coulis.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened Add to list
- 3/4 cup sugar (use less if you wish) Add to list
- 2 large eggs Add to list
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta cheese Add to list
- 1 cup ground almonds or almond meal/flour Add to list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract Add to list
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice Add to list
- Zest of 1 orange Add to list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal Add to list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt Add to list
Preheat oven to 375Â° F. Lightly oil or butter a 9-inch spring-form baking pan. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in ricotta, almonds, vanilla, orange juice and zest. In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal with baking powder and salt, then fold into batter.
Pour into prepared pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until set and firm. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cool. Cut into wedges and serve.
each serving: 230 cal, 15g fat (6g sat), 60mg chol, 130mg sodium, 19g carb, 3g fiber, 5g protein
Source: PCC Sound Consumer, December 2012
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »