- 1 cup cornmeal Add to list
- 1/2 cup rice flour Add to list
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour Add to list
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum Add to list
- 2 tablespoons sugar Add to list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder Add to list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Add to list
- 2 eggs Add to list
- 1 cup milk Add to list
- 1/4 cup canola or safflower oil Add to list
Preheat oven to 425° F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cornmeal, rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk and oil slightly to combine. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until the batter is smooth. Do not over beat.
Pour into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 425° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown, and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
Corn Bread Mini Loaf: Prepare as above, except pour into two, greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 8.
Corn Bread Muffins: Prepare as above, except spoon the batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full. Bake as above for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins.
Recipe by, former PCC Nutrition Educator