Gingery Miso Tahini Spread
Delicious and very easy to prepare. If you like a milder, and less salty taste, try mellow white or yellow miso instead of red. The tahini can be replaced with roasted soy nut butter if you want a double dose of soy.
- 2 tablespoon red miso Add to list
- 3 tablespoon toasted sesame tahini or soy nut butter Add to list
- 1 tablespoon water or stock Add to list
- A squirt of fresh lemon juice optional Add to list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger Add to list
- Juice from grated ginger root Add to list
- 1 clove garlic, pressed Add to list
- 1 tablespoon slivered scallion greens or chives Add to list
In a small bowl, combine all ingredients.
Spread on artisan bread, such as sweet potato bread, and serve with soup.
Note: Keeps, covered, in the refrigerator 1 to 2 weeks.
Learn more about our recipes. View guidelines »